Sunday, October 28, 2007


Website comments

Hi Jennifer, Sherry and Maggie, these are my comments on your websites.


Jennifer...

I really love the way you put introduction, instructions and conclusion separately. Thinking outside the box, right? You also clearly state the purpose of the creation of this website and how to use it. Thus, teachers can use it effectively. The instructions on how to do each activity are very clear so that students will know exactly what they are supposed to do.

Your website is definitely attractive and colourful with lots of cute graphics. This can attract a lot of interest from young students. I found that your HP activities are very interesting and fun to do. It is a good idea to put the Christmas vocabulary into the website so that students can use them and understand the gist of the texts. It is significant that allowing students to visit the related websites and read texts before doing the activities can provide students with opportunities to improve their language skills, such as reading skills. I also really like the additional links that students can enjoy more to explore about Christmas around the world.


However, I found that the HP activities may put much focus on vocabulary. In other words, the website may need to add a variety to the activities.


Overall, it is clear that your website has achieved its purpose and effective. I’m sure your students would enjoy doing the activities you have created. Well done! Hope to see more websites from you, Jennifer.


Sherry...

Wow! Your website is very attractive as I have expected. I really love your design with lots of eye-catching graphics and pictures which can make the HP activities more interesting for young students. The bright colors that you have used also help attract a lot of interests from primary students.


I love your idea that this website will serve as a preparation for students to be ready for engaging in the WebQuest. This can ensure that students’ language abilities will be improved before involving in the more challenging tasks in the WebQuest. I found each activity is interesting and fun to do. You also give a clear purpose for teachers and easy-to-follow instructions for students.


I found that it may be a good idea to put time limit into the activities because students can judge their performance by using the time allocated. However, doing activities within the limited time may put young students under a lot of stress. Moreover, I found that the item 6 in General questions about butterfly (Is a butterfly a/an.....?a. mammal..) may make students get confused. Would it be better to change it into a simple statement to make it easy to understand?


Overall, you have shown how much efforts you put into the website. It has achieved its purpose. It is also very effective. Your students would have a lot of fun doing the activities. Well done! Hope you keep on designing a useful website, Sherry.


Maggie...

This may not be a critical comment. Just want to tell you that when I first saw your website, the word I only had at the very beginning was Wow!! It’s very attractive and it’s got an eye-catching design with lots of graphics and nice pictures spreading throughout the website so that it would make young students being more fun to do the activities. I may be a visual person!!


I found that the instructions are clear and easy to understand what students are supposed to do. Your HP activities are also varied, enjoyable, and challenging to do. Moreover, what I love about your website is that a requirement that students need to read the texts, or listen to the dialogues about Hong Kong before doing each activity can give students more opportunities to improve their language abilities. I definitely like additional websites which I found really interesting. Students can expand their knowledge and have fun at the same time. You know, I myself have learned some numbers in your language from one of websites. How interesting!


Overall, the website you've created is highly effective and I’m sure your students would be really appreciating it and enjoy doing these HP activities. Well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nattythai

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading my website. You said you learnt some numbers in Chinese character, really? You're a very hard working learner. In return, I learnt some recent tennie knowledge from your website. I learned playing tennis for ages. I seldom play tennis after I graduated from university. I had some happy memories after visiting your website.
Thanks! Nattythai.

Maggie